By April Berezay, Ultimatefitnesscoaching.com
3 rounds, 1 of each exercise per round.
Each round should take six minutes, with 1 minute of recovery.
Perform each exercise sequentially for one minute.
1. Begin on all fours with both knees and hands on the floor.
2. Raise one arm and the opposite leg straight up to shoulder height.
3. Slowly lower your arm and leg and repeat with the other arm and leg.
4. Perform one rep on one side, then switch to the other side.
5. Alternate sides with each rep.
Squat Knee to Elbow
1. Stand upright with your arms by your sides.
2. Lower your body toward the floor, pushing your hips back and down and bending your knees.
3. Return back upright, raising one knee, twisting your torso and bringing your opposite elbow to this knee.
4. Lower back into the squat then repeat with the third step, but twisting the opposite way.
1. Lie face down on a mat with your legs straight and arms tucked in by your sides with elbows bent.
2. Raise your body up onto your toes and forearms and hold.
3. Keep your back flat and neck neutral with your spine. Keep breathing through the plank.
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat, placing your hands at your sides with palms down.
2. Raise your hips up off the mat, trying to make a straight line from your knees to your shoulders. Hold for 2 seconds.
3. Lower your hips back to the floor and repeat.
1. Raise arms above head.
2. Go onto one foot. Hold balance for 30 seconds on each side. Play with closing your eyes once you find your balance point. Wobbling is good. That means your nervous system is turning on and communicating with your muscles.
1. Support your body on your toes and hands with your arms straight, back flat and your feet together.
2. Spread feet and tap toe on each side while keeping your hands stationary.
Total Time: Under 30 minutes
Exercises taken from April Berezay’s Core Essentials Program
April Berezay is the Ultimate Fitness Coach (www.ultimatefitnesscoaching.com). She works with highly motivated clients from all over the United States looking for total body and life transformation. She coaches for results in the body, relationships, spirituality, and business.
In 2006 she completed her Exercise Science studies at Brigham Young University. She is a Certified Personal Trainer with the National Academy of Sports Medicine and Precision Nutrition. April is married with three beautiful boys, including twins!