By April Berezay, UltimateFitnessCoaching.com
3 Major Guidelines
- Eat every three hours
- Eat a protein source, a veggie carb source at every meal and a healthy fat source with at least 4 meals a day.
- Eat 5 Vegetables to 1 Fruit portion a day
Upon waking, drink 8 oz. of alkaline water and drink throughout the day. Add freshly squeezed lemon or lime with mint for fresh taste poolside!
Egg White Omelet:
Chopped spinach, tomatoes, cubed ham,
green onions, topped with avocado slices.
Turkey slices or ham, with a portion of veggies
(cucumbers, peppers, celery), and some brazil nuts.
Alkaline Salad: Spinach/kale/greens mixture as the base and load veggies in it,
and include sprouts and chicken or turkey portions. (Aim to have 20 g per Meal)
- ½ cup of any vinegar, lemon or lime juice
- ½ cup honey, maple syrup, or jelly
- 1 heaping tablespoon of dijon mustard
- Chop up any fresh herbs you have on hand, add as much or as little as you desire
- Sprinkle sea salt and cracked pepper
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil in based on how much you like of it—1/2 cup is plenty.
Apple or veggie (I prefer veggies wherever possible)
2 Tbsp of almond butter or peanut butter
Taco Stack: Sprouted wheat tortilla crisped in skillet or oven with olive oil and stacked with shredded salmon, black beans or quinoa (optional), spinach, sprouts, and diced avocado. Adorn with fresh Pico de Gallo, freshly chopped cilantro, pumpkin seeds and lime juice